Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day

10:54am
Today I am going to have a TV nearby. I want to watch this historic day. The day that Barack Obama will be inaugurated as the 44th President of the United States.

I hope to edit this post throughout the day.

Mrs. Obama wore a beautiful yellow-gold suit this morning. When she & President-elect Obama arrived at the White House for coffee with President & Mrs. Bush, she brought a gift. We were told it was a journal and pen for the departing First Lady’s memoirs. What a thoughtful gift.

The Mall in Washington DC is overwhelmed with people on this cold day.
Temperature is 26°. They have closed the Mall because it is full. People are now standing 1-1/2 miles from the Inauguration site. They will be able to see and hear everything on Jumbotrons that are set up all over the place. I think I have the best seat in front of my TV, tuned to ABC with Charlie Gibson, Diane Sawyer and George Stephanopolous providing the commentary.

At 11am the motorcade arrived at the Capitol for the Inauguration ceremony at noon.

No comments: