Tuesday, August 25, 2009

iPod Touch & Sewing

I found another great use for the iPod Touch.  I found the best way to keep track of my sewing stitches and the adjustments I make to the stitches on my new Janome 6600 is to take a close-up picture of the foot used and then type notes on the photo.

1282If you click on the pic above, you will be able to read the note better on the enlarged pic.  My note tells me the Needle Position to use for a 1/4” seam when using the Open-Toe AccuFeed foot.  And the red arrows remind me where to line up the raw edge of fabric with the foot.

Putting this in the IPod Touch saves on ink and paper as I don’t have to print it out.  I bring my iPod Touch into my sewing room a lot.

5 comments:

Charleen said...

Great idea, Pat. I used my iphone to take pictures of arranged blocks, in case I got mixed up at the machine. Are you making the comments right in the camera settings or on your computer?

Judy I said...

What a great idea? I have a question, however; are you taking the picture, downloading it to your computer, and then transferring that to your iTouch?

HeyYeah said...

That's a very good idea which I'm going to copy! I use a digital camera to compare different block arrangements and that kind of thing.

Pat said...

Charlene and Judy, I don't have an iPhone. I have an iPod Touch which doesn't have a camera in it (nor a phone). I take the pic with my digital camera. Transfer pic to my computer. Take pic into PaintShopPro and crop it and adjust lighting if necessary. Then I take pic into MS Publisher and type the caption on the pic. Then I save it as a JPG and transfer pic over to my iPod Touch.

Probably a lot more steps than it should be, but I use the programs I have to do what I have to do! LOL

Sunnie said...

I don't have an i-anything, but I do like the idea of using MS PUB to put a caption on a pic!
I must be the lowest tech kid on the block (learning on a strictly "need-to-know" basis!)