Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Wild Roses - I won!


My luck is such that I usually am the one clapping while others are the ones accepting the prizes. Not this time. This time I won! Patchwork Pie just celebrated a one-year anniversary (Congrats Sunnie!) and Sunnie had a drawing with names entered of all who commented on her blog within a time frame.

The little quilt is just gorgeous. That background fabric is perfect for the batik flowers and leaves. The thread painting made it all pop. The centers of the flowers were done with clusters of tied embroidery thread. Nice effect. Binding was handsewn to back. Be sure & click on the image to see an enlarged version.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I guess it was your turn to win!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

aren't you lucky - that is so pretty. I hardly ever win anything either and when I do it normally isn't anything I would really want.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/